Sunday, April 12, 2009

Magic Mom



Being a mom of 3 and owning my own business keeps me hoppin all the time.Fortunately my wonderful hubby of 15 years works with me.I don't know if I would be able to keep it all going without him!





I think being a mom is so different now from our parents generations because most moms work and are presented with new challenges and we need new strategies for being super moms!Its hard to take time for yourself some days when you ave everyone else to think about and spend time on.



Here are a few things I do to make it all happen.


  • Pedicures all around.I make it an event for me and my girls to do together.Quality time meets pampering.

  • Outfit planning.Sounds silly but we will hang everything that goes together on one hanger like pants, shirt, jewelry etc. This way when its time to go everyone is ready and looking spiffy and no drama looking for what goes with what.And its a fun time for the kids.They get to be creative and discover self expression.This helps alot for my son who is color blind too.






  • Cooking together.Ive done this since my kids were babies.They love to cook now and eat just about anything.They love to show off whatever they make themselves even if its spinach and broccoli.Now that my kids are getting older this has proved to be a real investment.It actually saves me time in the kitchen by designating who does what and we all get in on the action,get it done,and have time to sit down and enjoy our creations.Here is Xane showing off his very first perfect egg over easy made 100% by himself.





  • Accepting help.This was a really difficult thing for me to do.I always felt inadequate when I had to ask someone to help me or take the kids so I could have a break.A mom should be able to do it all, right? WRONG! Over the past 2 years I've been learning to accept that I don't have to be perfect to be a good mom. I just do my best and let other people fill in the gaps. You cant be everything to everyone all the time.
What do you do to make the momma magic happen?

2 comments:

  1. I have always done my daughter's hair and what we do is right after bath time at night we sit in the living room and I fix her hair and we talk or just watch something and laugh together.

    I love that time we spend and I love how special she feels with her hair fixed all pretty!

    BTW thanks for the comments on my blog (i have another as well)

    Brianna
    www.girlscurls.blogspot.com - all hair styles
    www.mycrazylife-legalchic.blogspot.com - hair styles and business stuff as well as whatever mommy type stuff comes up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are a true artist as well! Love your do's :> Multi tasking is a must.Making quality time meet with getting stuff done is always helpful. I never just sit and watch TV when the kids are gone or in bed.Im either working on my webstore,blogging,mending clothes,flat ironing my hair,folding laundy its always something.I dont think I even know how to NOT do 2 things at once anymore!

    ReplyDelete